Work type: Consultancy
Categories: Emergency Programme, Health, Consultancy
If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children's survival, protection and development. The world's largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
Purpose of the Position
The objective of the consultancy is to provide technical assistance to conduct study on barriers to immunization services including reasons for immunization refusals and high drop-out rates barriers, identify possible reasons for gender inequity in immunization services, as well as socially accepted solutions for the identified bottlenecks.
Key Accountabilities, Duties & Tasks
Scope of Work
Under the general guidance of Chief of Health Section, and in close coordination with Ministry of health, and C4D section, Consultant is accountable for conducting small scale study to identify the barriers to immunization services in Sudan and the main reasons for disparities in immunization coverage and defaulters. Based on identifies barriers and in line with social acceptance consultant should provide set of recommendations to resolve the identified barriers provide evidence for development of immunization communication strategy.
- Conduct study to assess the social determinants that impact on vaccine utilization especially in areas where communities are underserved due to accessibility, vaccine refusal and missed children or with high defaulters' rates that contribute to low vaccine coverage.
- Draft a case study for underserved and inequity in provision and utilization of immunization services based on in-depth analysis for immunization barriers.
- To work closely with other programs and administrative team in program management and related areas at national, state and locality level; use scientific methods to collect, tabulate and analyze the research data
- Provide practical recommendations for the identified bottlenecks
- To write scientific papers and present it at UNICEF and FMoH meetings.
- Develop the study proposal and questionnaire and get it finalized and approved
- Train data collectors and supervise data collection
- Compile data and analyze data
- Present draft study finding and proposed solutions and recommendations to FMoH and UNICEF
- Finalize the study and recommendations after incorporating different comments and submitting the final document for approval.
Qualifications of Successful Candidate
- University degree in the social/behavioral sciences (Sociology, Anthropology, Psychology, Health, and Education), Public/ Health or Community medicine or any other related field of study
- Computer skills.
- At least 5 years of professional work experience in designing and executing communication activities, preferably in development programs
- Willingness to travel in field.
- Good computer skills and excellent communication fluency in English and Arabic (verbal and written).
- Ability to work in a team and to sometimes tight deadlines in a dynamic and fast-paced work environment
- Ability to communicate with people outside the organization, representing the organization to values, government, and other external sources.
- Ability to create new ideas, relationships, systems, or products, including creative contributions.
Language skills required:
Fluency in English and Arabic
Other skills and attributes required:
Good communication skills and ability to work with different partners and under pressure and demanding situations.
- Excellent people and communication skills
- Flexible nature and ability to adapt to changing directions/thinking that may occur during the consultative workshops
- Familiarity with Ministry of education policies and documents (such as the ESSP) would be an added advantage;
General Conditions Procedures and Logistics:
- The consultant will be working 4 days from EPI National cold store and one days from UNICEF office
- Consultant should share his reports to both EPI manager and Chief of Health Section.
- Frequent field travel as per the need
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization.
The consultant to indicate his/her fees either in $/SDG reflecting all-inclusive fees (including lump sum travel and subsistence costs, as applicable) for the services to be provided.
Applications close: 30 Oct 2016 E. Africa Standard Time
يمكنك متابعة المزيد من الإعلانات عبر: