Job Category: Legal
Division: Corporate Services
• Responsible for managing the Legal affair section, providing supervision, proposing and developing targets for their area of expertise which will ensure the business meets any internal and/or external (e.g. regulatory) requirements.
• Responsible to meet any business requirements within their area of specialization.
• Acts within his role as a senior source of expertise in their field and shall directly report to a senior level
- Ensure that all contractual obligations and legal documentations signed between the company and third parties comply with MTN- Sudan Company by laws, internal rules & regulations as well as Sudanese applicable laws. This, in order to avoid legal disputes.
- Review and approve legal documents such as Shareholders Agreement, Transfer of Share Agreement, Loan Agreement, Non-Disclosure Agreement, Finance Agreement, and many others related to MTN-Sudan in order to ensure conformity of signed contracts with the law and MTN-Sudan needs.
- Carry out due diligence tasks in order to prepare legal reports.
- Prepare arbitration documents in case of litigation and follow up their implementation with National and International courts.
- Coordinate with the company Law firm (s) in order to provide MTN-Sudan with the right legal opinions and make sure that all above tasks are validated in timely manner.
- Coordinate with company Division & Department heads in order to make sure all decisions are lawful & minimize the risk of litigations.
- Establish a communication stream with internal & external audit in order to create control mechanisms on contractual obligations.
- Manage a small team of professionals and non-professionals, ensuring they achieve set & specific objectives.
- Ensure proper filing of annual reports, amended Memorandum and Articles of Association, return of allotments, notices of appointments, removal and resignation of directors and the secretary, notices of removal or resignation of the auditors, change of registered office and resolutions in accordance with the Companies Act with the Registrar of Companies.
- Ensure that Annual General Meetings (AGM) are held in accordance of the Companies Law and the companies’ Article of Association and undertake necessary arrangement for the meeting. Issue notices of meetings, distribution of proxy forms, During the meeting, they have to ensure that proxy forms are processed properly, voting is carried out properly and recording the minutes of the meeting.
- Ensure Board papers are prepared and availed to the Directors in timely manner and as per MTN standard.
- Responsible for organizing board meetings, informing board of directors about the impending meeting, formulating the documents for the meeting with Chairman and/or Chief Executive Officer, compiling the minutes of the meeting and maintaining minute books.
- Ensure that the decisions of the Board are properly documented, communicated and implemented and within the organization.
- Perform Ad-hoc duties assigned by management.
• Bachelor Degree in Law (Bar Examination Certified) Experience:
• Minimum 5-7 years of relevant working experience
Closing Date: Tuesday, October 25, 2016
تابع المزيد من الوظائف عبر: