Supervisor: Director, Directorate General of Pharmacy, FMOH
Duty Station: Khartoum
Closing Date: 05 Nov 2016
Access to medicines is a universal right. Inequity in medicines access is widely perceived as symptomatic of weaknesses in the health-care system and represents a failure on the part of national governments to fulfil their obligations towards their citizens in terms of their right to health. Medicine availability and prices in both public and private sectors are key indicators of access to treatment. In this regard, the Directorate General of Pharmacy (DGoP) – FMoH is conducting a nationwide essential medicines availability survey to measure medicines availability in public and private health facilities to inform policies and decision making.
The DGoP is now looking for energetic, creative, highly skilled data analyst to take the responsibility of data entry and analysis of the survey.
The data analyst should work under the supervision of the Director General – DGoPand the survey national consultantand in close collaboration with the Director of Planning and Polices Directorate – DGoP.
The main responsibility of the data analyst is to perform duties related to the capture and analysis of data for the National Essential Medicines availability survey.The Data Analyst will be assisted by a Survey national consultant who will be retained primarily to oversee the design and execution of the survey, in addition to other duties.
Duties and responsibilities:
Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Director General of Pharmacy and the survey national consultant and in close collaboration with the Director of Planning and Polices Directorate, DGoP is seeking Data Analyst to perform duties related to the capture and analysis of data for the National Essential Medicines availability survey with the following specific TORs:
A. Data collectors training:
- Collaborate with the DGoP to gain a clear understanding of the survey objectives and the data collection instrument;
- Assist the Survey national consultant with the preparation of the Training Plan and Training Materials for data collectors;
- Participate, as a resource person, in the training sessions being conducted by the Survey national consultant;
- Ensure the primary and secondary data processing systems are adhered to. This includes (but is not limited to) the data collection from respondents, editing, structure checks, verification and secondary editing of the data, as well as the exporting and recoding into an agreed format in order to facilitate in-depth statistical analysis and manipulation;
B. Data cleaning and entering:
- Work in conjunction with the DGoP and the Survey national consultant in a relevant data cleansing exercise;
- Review all the data collecting forms for completion and consistency
- Enter data and cross check for accuracy
- Store hard and soft copies of collected data forms
C. Data analysis:
- Analyze the collected data and prepare and present a preliminary report; as follow:
- Conduct statistical analysis for data, using Microsoft excel and/or the SPSS soft ware
- Calculate mean & median percentage availability of medicine in survey sectors
- Calculate mean & median percentage availability of medicine in survey areas
- Calculate mean & median percentage availability for individual medicine
- Produce results in charts and tables form
- Produce summary statistics of key outcomes
Assist the survey national consultant in prepare the final report incorporating any changes or recommendations made by the DGoP.
Minimum Qualification, Skills and Experience Required:
- Managerial skills
- Excellent analytical and writing skills;
- Excellent teamwork and management skills;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Basic Degree in Statistics, information technology from recognized university.
- At least postgraduate degree in Biostatistics or Epidemiology and Project Management.
- The Data Analyst recruited for the National Medicines availability Survey should possess professional experience and qualifications in the areas of research methods and statistics. The individual should be capable of demonstrating such experience (having provided research support and/or analysis within similar surveys, either locally and/or regionally).
- The Data Analyst should have proven capabilities as evidenced by at least five (5) years’ experience in Data Processing, Health Research/Assessment, Data Analysis and Project Management.
- Accordingly, the Data Analyst should possess training at the postgraduate level, at a minimum, in Biostatistics or Epidemiology and Project Management and relevant expertise in the following (but not necessarily limited to) areas: Sampling, Data Collection, Data Processing and Quality Management, Health Research/Assessment and Statistical Analysis.
- The Data Analyst should also be proficient in using analytical tools such as SPSS, and Microsoft Excel. Consideration would be given to individuals with appropriate combinations of training, qualifications and experience.
- Familiarity with Government of Sudan and International donors program execution modalities, rules and regulations is a distinct asset,
Fluency in both written and spoken English and Arabic
Please send your CV, Application letter and credentials by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
يمكنك متابعة المزيد من الإعلانات عبر: